Morning lectures (Postgraduate Education Centre, Level 1, Main Hospital):
When entering the main foyer of the hospital by Costa you will see a staircase going up on the left wall just inside the rotating doors. At the top of the stairs turn left to enter the education centre foyer where registration is held.
By car from the M5
- Leave M5 at Junction 4 and follow A38 Birmingham for 6.75 miles, after which you will encounter a major set of traffic lights
- Turn left following A4040 Harborne/Queen Elizabeth, passing the large Sainsbury's store on your right
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Aston Webb Boulevard. Continue over the next roundabout onto New Fosse Way
- At the next roundabout, turn left onto Hospital Way for car parks for both the QEHB (Car Park A) and old QE (Car Park D)
By car from Birmingham city centre
- Follow the A38 (Bristol Road) towards Bromsgrove
- After leaving the city centre, continue along the A38 towards Selly Oak, following signs marked "Queen Elizabeth / H / A&E"
- At the fork in the road, near the Esso petrol station, take the right fork, again following the A38 and signs for "Queen Elizabeth"
- At the first roundabout, turn right onto New Fosse Way
- At the next roundabout, turn left onto Hospital Way for car parks for both QEHB (Car Park A) and old QE (Car Park D)
The nearest station to the hospital is University station, which is less than 10 minutes' walk from the hospital. The hospital is clearly signposted from the station.
A minibus service is also available, which carries patients, visitors and staff from University station to the Birmingham Women's Hospital, both the old and new Queen Elizabeth Hospital buildings and the Mental Health Trust. The bus runs approximately every 20 minutes between 07:00 and 19:00, Monday – Friday.
University station is on the Cross City line. There are trains approximately every 10 minutes from New Street station in Birmingham city centre (final destination: Longbridge or Redditch).